Friday, July 9, 2010

The "66"

Well, I few months ago Billy bought a 1966 Chevy Pick-up to restore. He found it online; a guy from Arkansas is selling it.

First off, has he heard of Craig’s List!!!!!

What the?

Well, he assured me that the guy was going to meet us at a local store with the truck.

We get there early and patiently wait for him. The guy pulls up in a car all smiles, no teeth… no truck. Where is the truck?

Of course, we have to go to his house to get it.

As we drove I tell you I could hear the “Dueling Banjos.”

We finally arrive back in the sticks at an 8 x8 mobile home from which at least 6 guys come out of, each one with a beer in his hand.

Cars litter the yard, litter litters the yard, and looks like human remains could litter the yard?

I look at Billy and said, “Hey, if it starts looking bad for you… I will hit the On Star Button.” As soon as he gets out I hit the door lock button! Survival starts with you!

Before we can load the truck, the guy has to take the tag off  because it belongs to his girlfriend’s car.

They get the truck loaded and Billy gets into the truck. He lives to tell the tale.

But instead of heading home, we start following another guy in his truck deeper into the sticks.

I ask him where we are going. He says that this guy wants to show him a truck at his place!

Are you serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment