Friday, July 9, 2010

The "66"... it only gets better!

I get a call from Billy who is at work in Arkansas  he has bought another truck.  He needs me to go and pay a guy. This time he is a local guy named John Deere*! Whew! I am glad we learned our lesson from buying trucks online! You just can't trust people in this day and age!


Billy said that he would meet me at the cemetery! Now I don't know about you but this is starting to sound funny!

What! You are sending me to meet a guy at the cemetery! Hello, what about the store down the street!

Ryan tells me to take my 9mm but I have yet to buy any bullets for it, so I have to go it alone.

On, my way to the cemetery, Billy calls me and tells me that John Deere* is coming to town and to meet him at the gas station.

I am waiting for him when he gets there. He looks very familiar but his name doesn’t ring a bell. I get out of the truck and he introduces himself as John Weere*, the name starts rings bells in my head.

I give him the money for the truck and he gives me the title but his name isn’t on the title. He explains that the truck belongs to his step son and that he gave it to him, he just never changed it over. I know the owner of the truck, so I don’t think much about it.

I get into the truck and call Billy and tell him that the guy that he sent me to buy the truck off of doesn’t own the truck that his step son does. That his name seemed familiar and that I misunderstood Billy when he called I thought he said his last name was Deere* not Weere*. I told him I would call and talk to a teacher I work with that she the cousin of the guy whose name is on the title and tell her that John Weere* is selling her cousin’s truck.

When I get her and tell her the story she flips that Billy sent me to meet this guy. He just got out of jail for first degree rape and forcible sodomy!

About that time Billy calls in and I tell her to hold on for a moment that Billy is calling. I take Billy’s call and he is having a stoke “He said do you know that that is John Weere* AKA J. D. New Holland* and he just got out of jail for rape!”

Really, Billy you don’t say and whose idea was it for me to meet this guy in a country cemetery, your idea or his idea?

Ok! So maybe we didn't learn anything because we have went from buying truck from the Internet to buying trucks from registered sex offenders!

I am seriously questioning how Billy really feels about me!

Next stop bullets for my 9mm!

* Names have been change to protect ME!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Billy needs to start going and paying for his own trucks! Glad you gave us a laugh but that could've been real real real bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through a link on Em's blog.....I have read all your posts and have definitely been entertained!! Miss you--see you at Kev's wedding!

    ReplyDelete