Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Homework with Otis!

Today when I went home for lunch, I was not welcomed by the usual barking of Otis and Benji. I could only hear that of Benji. Images of disaster flashed through my brain! It was only recently that I have allowed Otis and Benji to stay in the house. I am thinking to myself, what has happened to Otis, has Benji finally gotten the best of him. I entered the house only to be welcomed by Benji, so now I am beginning to worry about Otis.

I look quickly around the living room all seems well. So, I start walking down the hallway to our bedroom and notice from the hallway that my school bag is in the floor with the lining pulled out. Nothing is in the bedroom floor but my bag, where is the rest of my crap!

I round the corner of our bedroom and enter the office to see papers shredded everywhere. My first thought was of the $128.50 textbook that was in the bag and the fact that even though I have not used it yet in class, someday I will probably have too. As I scan the room I notice that my notebook and textbook have not been touched. However, my papers and term paper have been annihilated.

I quickly scan the room looking for that little brown and white dog that at one time was "man's best friend" and see his little butt and nub of a tail sticking out from underneath my bed. You know hiding is not one of Otis's strong points. He thinks that if he can see you, you can't see him. Just because I left a bag of cookies in my bag was no reason to eat almost everything inside it trying to find the cookies.

Otis better be glad that Ryan left his BB gun at Aunt Cindy's last night or I might of been tempted to shoot. Do you think that even at the age of 38 my professor will except the excuse "my dog ate my homework"? Poor Otis, he didn't even get to eat the cookies because he could not figure out how to unzip the compartment of the bag where I had put them!

No comments:

Post a Comment