Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Breakfast with Otis!

Every Saturday in our family we have Sausage,Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits for breakfast. Several months ago Otis lucked out and caught a break and finally got the opportunity to have Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits.

Ryan had decided to eat in the living room and left his plate on the end table when he was finished and left the room. This proved to be to much of a temptation for Otis to pass up.

Unfortunately for Otis, David walks in the front door and to David's surprise he sees Otis sitting in his recliner eating what is left of Ryan's breakfast.

Even in the bathroom with the water running in the bathtub, I can hear David yell at Otis. "Otis, what do you think you are doing?" Now I know that Otis must have done something pretty bad because Otis is David's best friend.

I hear Otis jump to the floor and then I can hear paws clawing and scratching as he tries to get his footing on the wood flooring. All he needs to do is put some distance between him and the scene of the crime.

I hear him as he skids down the hallway and right into the wall as he tries to make the corner. Right behind him I can hear David yelling at Otis and the thump of David's boot moving down the hallway right behind Otis. I immediately know that he is looking for me, so I can save him from David. I now hear him run into the bedroom, jump on the bed and off. Into the bathroom he comes sliding on the ceramic tile and hits the bathroom cabinet with a thud, shakes his head and looks around for me.

I know he thinks to himself "she just has to be in the bathtub" and knows that now he is trapped because David has made it into the bedroom. He has to make a split second decision about what his next options could be. Option One: Go back into the bedroom and try and out run David. Option Two: Yikes! Jump into the tub with Misty.

The choice is... Option Two: jump into the bathtub, run across Misty and lay down on the other side of the tub and hide. This is the dog I have to chase around the house when it is time for a bath. But now he is safe because he has his paws over his eyes and David will never see him.

From the bedroom David says, "Where is Otis?"

I reply, "In the tub with me."

Needless to say, Otis didn't get into trouble that day! He learned to eat faster and I learned to shut the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment